View Mobile Site
  • Bookmark and Share



Firefighters battle blaze in south Forsyth

No one injured in storage shed fire

POSTED: October 30, 2012 8:30 p.m.
Jim Dean/

A firefighter checks wood underneath sheet metal skin for signs of fire Tuesday at a building on Mauldin Drive.

View Larger

A large storage shed at a southwest Forsyth roofing business caught fire Tuesday afternoon.

The blaze started about 1 p.m. while employees were patching the roof, said Forsyth County Fire Department Division Chief Jason Shivers.

“The use of a torch caught some of the roofing materials on fire,” Shivers said. “It’s going to be a significant loss, but a good portion of the building and some of its contents are salvageable.”

The fire at the Summers Roofing Co. on Mauldin Drive was ruled accidental.

The primarily metal shed, estimated at about 30 feet by 20 feet, was used for equipment maintenance and storage of roofing supplies, Shivers said.

No one was injured in the fire, which Shivers said did not spread to the adjacent office or storage buildings.

Despite wind gusts throughout the county Tuesday, Shivers said the conditions did not affect the firefighters battling the blaze because the business was in a low-lying area with a barrier of tall trees.

The fire was under control shortly after the department responded with nearly two dozen personnel, he said.


  • Bookmark and Share

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.


Contents of this site are © Copyright 2017 Forsyth News, Cumming, GA. All rights reserved. Privacy policy and Terms of service

Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...