View Mobile Site
  • Bookmark and Share



Four treated for minor exposure to ammonia following leak

POSTED: June 9, 2014 2:55 p.m.

GAINESVILLE — Four people were taken to the hospital Monday morning with minor complaints from exposure to ammonia following a leak at Koch Foods, according to Keith Smith, spokesman for the Gainesville Fire Department.

Gainesville firefighters responded some time before 9 a.m., and about 10 employees of the poultry company on Industrial Boulevard were evacuated, Smith said.

It appeared plant personnel were able to stop the leak, he added.


  • Bookmark and Share

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.


Contents of this site are © Copyright 2017 Forsyth News, Cumming, GA. All rights reserved. Privacy policy and Terms of service

Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...