View Mobile Site

  • Bookmark and Share

Header

MOST POPULAR ARTICLES

 

No one hurt in kitchen fire

POSTED: July 2, 2014 4:11 p.m.
For the FCN /

Firefighters put out a kitchen fire Wednesday morning at a home on Phoenix Street.

View Larger
 

CUMMING — The Forsyth County Fire Department was able to quickly put out a residential fire that occurred Wednesday morning.

According to a release from the department, 11 fire personnel responded to the blaze at a 785-square-foot home on Phoenix Street, east of Cumming

In a statement, Fire Division Chief Jason Shivers said smoke was showing from the single-story home when trucks arrived about 10:30 a.m.

“An initial search for victims of the residence was made as the fire was quickly brought under control,” Shivers said. “The fire was contained to the kitchen area of the structure, with minimal damage.”

According the report, no one was home at the time and a subsequent investigation by the Fire Marshal’s Office determined the blaze was accidental and started on the stove top.

 

COMMENTS

  • Bookmark and Share

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.

 
 


Contents of this site are © Copyright 2014 Forsyth News, Cumming, GA. All rights reserved. Privacy policy and Terms of service

Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...