View Mobile Site

  • Bookmark and Share



Four treated for minor exposure to ammonia following leak

POSTED: June 9, 2014 2:55 p.m.

GAINESVILLE — Four people were taken to the hospital Monday morning with minor complaints from exposure to ammonia following a leak at Koch Foods, according to Keith Smith, spokesman for the Gainesville Fire Department.

Gainesville firefighters responded some time before 9 a.m., and about 10 employees of the poultry company on Industrial Boulevard were evacuated, Smith said.

It appeared plant personnel were able to stop the leak, he added.



  • Bookmark and Share

No comments have been posted.

Login to post a comment encourages readers to interact with one another. We will not edit your comments, but we reserve the right to delete any inappropriate responses.

To report offensive or inappropriate comments, contact our editor.

These comments are from readers of and do not necessarily represent the views of The Newspaper or Morris Multimedia.
You must be logged in to post comments. Login ›


Contents of this site are © Copyright 2014 Forsyth News, Cumming, GA. All rights reserved. Privacy policy and Terms of service

Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...