The Monday meeting of Forsyth County’s planning board has been canceled because not enough members are able to attend.
At least three of the five members must be present for the board to have a quorum, but the recent resignation of one member left just two available for the December meeting.
The planning board had scheduled both its work session and regular meeting for Monday evening due to the holidays.
Planning department director Tom Brown announced the cancelations when the board determined it wouldn’t have a quorum.
“We’re going to be contacting the applicants to inform them,” he said.
The planning board is an appointed panel that makes recommendations to the county commission on rezonings and other issues.
The Monday agenda included six public hearings for rezoning applications and one for a conditional use permit, all of which will be moved to Jan. 28.
The planning board had also scheduled a decision on a rezoning request for Edge City Properties that had been postponed after the Nov. 26 public hearing.
Due to board rules requiring a decision within two months, the application will be passed to county commissioners without a recommendation.
That request seeks a rezoning from agricultural to Res-4 for 53 homes on about 19.4 acres off Nichols Road.
The planning board postponed a decision after a motion to rezone from member Joe Moses failed to gain support.
Moses then resigned his post in early December, citing distrust of the other members.
His decision to leave came amid his efforts to pass a rezoning affidavit that would require applicants or property owners who are corporations to name corporate stockholders, officers and directors.
The plan was intended to help voting members determine if they had a potential conflict of interest and also increase transparency for the public.
The planning board voted down the measure in November, and the county commission did likewise Dec. 10.
Applications that will be postponed to January include requests from:
* Advanced Disposal Recycling Service Atlanta for a conditional use permit to expand an existing materials recovery facility on Shirlee Industrial Way
* Home South Communities to rezone about 14 acres from agricultural to Res-4 for 35 homes on Shiloh Road
* JEH Homes to rezone about 21 acres from agricultural to Res-4 for 66 townhomes on Mathis Airport Drive, at the current site of Mathis Airport
* Apex Land Company to rezone about 45.5 acres from agricultural and R2R to Res-3 for 98 homes on Piney Grove Road
* KM Homes to rezone about 8.8 acres from agricultural to Res-2 for 14 homes on Bethelview Road
* SR Homes to rezone about 13.5 acres from commercial business district to Res-4 for 40 homes on Old Alpharetta Road
* 5315 Riverview to rezone about 40 acres from agricultural to Res-3 for 76 homes on Longstreet Church Road
* Traton Homes to rezone about 92 acres from agricultural and single family community residential district, CR1, to Res-4 for 160 homes