Businesses throughout Vickery Village in Forsyth County are going blue.
Shoppers, diners, workers or residents may have noticed the shopping center’s courtyard in the live-work-play development was all lit blue at the beginning of April. Various locales in the village are offering sales and deals in April to support Autism Speaks, the world’s leading autism science and advocacy organization.
“We feel it is important to partner with our business owners and customers, so our whole community can come together to support this important cause,” said Lori Scaramella, owner of the 200,000-square-foot Vickery Village. “Autism has affected our family in a very personal way.”
Scaramella said she is humbled that so many business owners agreed to participate in the campaign.
Autism Speaks dedicates funding to global research of autism, to campaigns for raising public awareness and for advocating for the needs of individuals with autism and their families.
To commemorate Autism Awareness Month, the following Vickery Village businesses will hold special events and fundraising initiatives:
• Gems in Art Jewelry Design Studio – $50 of each $100 limited edition star necklace will be donated to Autism Speaks
• The Chill Hill – 10 percent of sales from blue raspberry Italian ice will be donated
• Cherry Street Brewing Cooperative and Rick Tanner’s – $.50 of each Groovy Child Guava Ale sold will be donated
• Nido Café – $10 of each bottle of Bluegray Priorat wine will be donated
• Threads of Elegance – 10 percent of profits during April will be donated
• Brits Clothiers – 10 percent of sales of Jack Black products will be donated
• YMCA – Save $20 on adaptive swim lessons with code “BLUE,” register at the front desk
• Lanier Family Healthcare – The staff will designate a day to dress in blue and will distribute Autism awareness information to patients
• Serenity Orthodontics – The staff will designate a day to dress in blue and has created a Snapchat filter to raise awareness
• Pinspiration – First 25 people at their April 15 event will create a free blue ink tile
• For Your Eyes Only – Will give away a free eye exam to a child with autism, and staff will designate a day to dress in blue
Monetary donations for Autism Speaks will be accepted at the following businesses:
• Mathnasium of West Forsyth
• Vickery Haircuts
• For Your Eyes Only
• The Dojo at Vickery Village
• Joseph & Friends Aveda Salon