Projects with an expected completion date of August 2017 in middle schools include:
• Modifications to the cafeteria and the expansion of the band classroom at Liberty Middle
• Renovations to the media center, band and team room at North Forsyth Middle
• Expansion of the engineering lab at Otwell Middle
• A front drive sidewalk and modifications to the technology lab at Piney Grove Middle
• The expansion of the media center and engineering lab at Vickery Creek Middle
FORSYTH COUNTY -- Though major additions to school campuses around Forsyth County have been completed, multiple projects continue to be underway, with some ahead of schedule.
With new construction at North Forsyth, Forsyth Central and South Forsyth high schools finished, they are now undergoing renovation projects, said Tom Wening, director of construction for Forsyth County Schools.
North will see upgrades to classrooms and the band and choral rooms.
Wening said though the projected completion date is August 2017, “we’re well on our way to turning this over at winter break.”
Central’s STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) labs, as well as classrooms and the culinary wing at South, will be renovated with a completion date of August 2017.
Lambert High School’s projects — the addition of 19 classrooms and a band room and renovations to the engineering and health labs — are “substantially complete.”
While existing high schools are receiving makeovers, other crews are working to build a new campus from the ground up.
Denmark High School, which is being constructed on Mullinax Road in southwest Forsyth, has foundations being placed, Wening said. The school is slated to open in fall 2018.
“Getting out of the ground,” Wening said, “is always the most risky.”