Heavy rains that moved through overnight left behind a messy commute for Forsyth County. As of 10:00 a.m. a number of roads remain affected by either high water or damaged pavement.
A number of roads are being affected by the high water, including:
- Castleberry Road at Ravine Forest Drive, south of Bethelview is currently completely closed
- Caney Road at Brookwood Road
- Parks Road
- Samples Road west of Buford Dam has one lane closed due to pavement damage
- Settingdown Road
- Settingdown Circle
- Trammel Road at Windermere
- Shadburn Road east of Martin Road
Because the rain is continuing to fall, the list of roads being affected is expected to change as the day continues, and drivers are being urged to allow extra time to get where they are going today.
Officials are also reminding everyone not to drive through any water that appears to be flowing over a roadway. It only takes a few inches of moving water to wash away a car.