Cumming’s mayor and city council on Tuesday night approved a real estate contract to buy 27 acres off Kelly Mill Road.
The property will be used for future storage by the Cumming Streets Department, according to officials.
The purchase price of the property remains under negotiation. Lewis Ledbetter abstained from this vote.
Also during their meeting Tuesday night, city leaders voted 5-0 to:
• Postpone a request from the Forsyth County Board of Elections to use additional space in City Hall until after the General Election on Nov. 6.
• Renew a taxi company license for Veracruzanos Taxi Company LLC.
• Buy a 2012 flatbed truck for about $28,000 for use by the Cumming Fairgrounds. The truck will replace another that was stolen earlier this year.
• Approve the following purchases for the Cumming Recreation and Parks Department: youth basketball jerseys for about $12,200 from Worldwide Macs; and two new scoreboards at Cumming City Park for about $12,000 from Electro-Mech Scoreboard Co. Booster organizations will pay half of the scoreboard cost.
• Proclaim the week of Sept. 3-7 as civic participation week in Cumming.
• Also: The city recognized Cumming Police Officer Benjamin Haack for completing 480 hours of field training.