The Cumming City Council has decided to give Forsyth County government 30 days’ notice to begin repairs on a portion of Sanders Road that was washed out seven months ago.
If the county fails to do so during that time frame, the city will file suit over the matter.
Sanders was damaged in May after the breach of an earthen dam due to heavy rainfall.
A portion of the road has been closed since as city and county leaders have bickered over who is responsible for the road.
The vote came followed an executive session to discuss the matter.
Also during their meeting Tuesday night, the city council:
* Adopted the 2014 budget. The spending plan reflects total revenues and expenditures of about $26.5 million, an increase of about $1.3 million from 2013.
General fund revenues and expenditures are projected to total about $12.3 million; water and sewer funds about $12.7 million; and capital project funds about $1.4 million.
* Granted a conditional use permit for Rives Realty to allow an open storage yard on about 4 acres off Buford Dam Road.
* Approved budgeted vehicle purchases for the Cumming Aquatic Center, water distribution billing division and administration department totaling about $58,000.
* Voted 4-1, with Councilman Rupert Sexton opposed, to install speed humps on Ridgecrest Drive and Camilla Avenue after residents in the area petitioned for the devices earlier this year.
A traffic study determined speed humps would be the most practical and cost-efficient means of reducing the volume and speed of traffic.
* Heard a report from Greg Little, director of the city’s recreation and parks department, noting that the Cumming Aquatic Center has been selected as the host site for the Georgia Recreation and Parks Association Class A dive and swim meets in July.
Little said he anticipates more than 1,200 swimmers from across the state will take part in the swim meet alone.
* Announced that City Hall will be closed Dec. 24 and 25 for the Christmas holiday, and Jan. 1 for New Year’s Day.
* Reminded residents that the Cumming Playhouse will present “The Return — A Beatles Tribute Band” at 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. Dec. 31.
Note: All votes were 5-0 unless otherwise noted.