FORSYTH COUNTY -- During a work session on Thursday, July 7, The Forsyth County Board of Commissioners:
• Approved alcohol licenses for Ace Package Store, located at 2689 Freedom Parkway, Mint Indian Bistro, located at 2340 Atlanta Highway, Liquor Mart, located at 3380 Buford Highway (Hwy. 20) and DOS Margarita’s Mexican Restaurant, located at 3455 Peachtree Parkway (Hwy. 141).
• Suspended for three days, starting Monday, the alcohol license for BP AM-PM Mini Mart, located at 2291 Atlanta Highway. An employee was given a citation for selling alcohol to a minor – the licensee’s third, including at other stores, in two years. It was noted that the fact that the current owner is undergoing Chapter 11 bankruptcy and that the store is being sold and changing licensees complicated the issue.
• Approved a request for a conservation easement for a lake for the Whispering Lakes homeowners association.
• Authorized a county-initiated rezoning of 3,804 square feet from agriculture district, or A1, to single-family residential Res-3 district on Johnson Road, about 1,024 feet north of the intersection with Kelly Mill Road.
* All voted were 5-0 unless otherwise noted.