Also at Tuesday's work session, the Forsyth County commission:
• Awarded a bid for a project to add turn lanes at Old Atlanta at Brannon roads. Reid & Reid Contractors will complete the work for about $252,000, which will come from 1-cent sales tax revenue. Commissioner Brian Tam was absent for this vote, which was 4-0.
• Heard a presentation from Buckhorn about a proposed energy industrial and academic park in north Forsyth. The commission directed planning staff to work with the company on possible conditions that would make the park acceptable. The vote was 4-1, with Tam opposed.
• Authorized a termination notice to be sent to current banking company, Bank of America, to change services back to Wachovia. County staff cited customer service issues and added fees as the reason for the switch.
• Approved the concept of a county emergency supplier network, which would provide a list of services in case of various disasters.
• Returned its recently changed six-tier health care employee option back to four tiers to ensure grandfather status under the national Healthcare Reform Act.
Note: All votes were 5-0, unless otherwise noted.