By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great local journalism.
No one hurt in kitchen fire
Firefighters put out a kitchen fire Wednesday morning at a home on Phoenix Street. - photo by For the FCN

CUMMING — The Forsyth County Fire Department was able to quickly put out a residential fire that occurred Wednesday morning.

According to a release from the department, 11 fire personnel responded to the blaze at a 785-square-foot home on Phoenix Street, east of Cumming

In a statement, Fire Division Chief Jason Shivers said smoke was showing from the single-story home when trucks arrived about 10:30 a.m.

“An initial search for victims of the residence was made as the fire was quickly brought under control,” Shivers said. “The fire was contained to the kitchen area of the structure, with minimal damage.”

According the report, no one was home at the time and a subsequent investigation by the Fire Marshal’s Office determined the blaze was accidental and started on the stove top.