This weekend is shaping up as one of the busiest of the season in Forsyth County. In addition to the Fast Pace Race, Red Door Festival and Forsyth County’s Trunk or Treat, other happenings include:
“Through the Lens: Reflections of the Appalachian Foothills”
• When: 1 to 8 p.m. Friday; 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday; and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday
• Where: The Brannon-Heard House, 111 Pilgrim Mill Road
• Admission: Free, but photos and prints will be for sale
• Contact: www.SawneeArt.org/
Forsyth County Rivers Alive Cleanup
• When: 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday
• Where: Participants meet at the Chick-fil-A parking lot, 653 Atlanta Road before dividing up into separate groups
• Also: Post-cleanup lunch includes free sandwiches, live music and prizes
• Contact: (770) 205-4573 or visit www.handsonforsyth.org
A Women’s Life Expo
• When: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday
• Where: Central Park’s indoor event facility, 2300 Keith Bridge Road
• Cost: Free to enter; various prices for vendor items
• Contact: Sue Wilson, (770) 815-2628 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Georgia Bandmasters Championship
• When: 3:30 to 9:30 p.m. Saturday
• Where: Forsyth Central High School Stadium
• Cost: $8 to enter; concessions at various prices
• Also: Central’s Flash of Crimson and North Georgia College & State University’s Golden Eagle Band will perform in exhibition.
Margaritas With A Mission
• When: 6:30 to 10:30 p.m. Saturday at Windermere Golf Club
• What: Event features tropical buffet dinner, DJ, dancing, raffles and silent auction. Proceeds go to the American Cancer Society.
• Cost: $35 in advance or $40 at the door; tables of 10, $340.
• Contact: (770) 781-4706; email@example.com; www.margaritaswithamission.org.