UPDATE (3:26 p.m.): Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office deputies are assisting vehicles stuck on Windermere Parkway, according to Stacie Miller, spokeswoman with the Sheriff’s Office.
UPDATE (11:02 a.m.): The Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office reported it is working an additional accident at 6659 Cross Roads Road.
Two more roadways have become impassable because of icy conditions, including Browns Bridge Road at Port Royale, and Mathis Airport Road.
Forsyth County authorities are encouraging residents to stay off roadways as snowfall has led to numerous vehicle accidents early Saturday morning.
Forsyth is one of 12 North Georgia counties under a winter weather warning until 7 p.m., according to the National Weather Service.
Forecasts are calling for 1-2 inches of snow in Forsyth and 3-6 inches some parts of the region.
Temperatures are expected to warm by afternoon but drop below freezing before night, creating the conditions for black ice on roadways.
At 10:44 a.m., the Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office reported they were working snow-related vehicle accidents at the following locations:
- Union Hill Road at Overland Crossing
- Westminster Lane at Brent Knoll Lane
- Bethelview Road at Castleberry Road
- James Burgess Road at River Mist Drive
- 728 Brannon Road
- Peachtree Parkway at Ga. 400
- 5110 Browns Bridge Road
- Sanders a Road at Buford Highway
- Post Road at Drew Road
- Drew Road at Bethelview Road
- McGinnis Ferry Road at Whittington Way
In addition, more areas have been deemed impassable by the Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office, including:
- Old Alpharetta Road
- Melody Mizer Lane at Old Atlanta Road