The Forsyth County commission on Thursday approved rezoning of 47 acres on Trammel Road near Daves Creek Drive from agricultural to Res-4 for applicant Howard Carson.
The plan includes 80 lots with a density of 1.7 units per acre.
The vote was 4-0, with Chairman Pete Amos recused after stating his sister-in-law owned part of the property.
Also during their meeting, commissioners:
* Granted a rezoning to agriculture and conditional use permit for Brecht Stables for a commercial horse stable on Riley and Concord roads on about 16 acres.
The vote was 3-2, with Commissioners Jim Boff and Todd Levent opposed. Boff voiced a health concern about a barn on the property being within 300 feet of a home.
* Approved a rezoning from agricultural to Res-3 for Shiloh Barnett for 41 homes with a density of 2.5 units per acre at Shiloh and Mars Hill roads. The homes must be at least 2,200 square feet.
* OK’d a rezoning from agricultural to Res-4 for Lennar Georgia for 150 residential lots on about 71.4 acres on Mullinax Road.
The commission also approved front yard or exterior yard setbacks for specified lots.
* Ratified the nominee of the Forsyth County Democratic Party for the board of voter registrations and elections. Matthew Blender was selected to serve another term.
* Set an additional public hearing for Sept. 5 on the request by 14905 Hopewell Group to amend zoning conditions.
A developer seeks to build additional homes on the property on Bennett Parkway at Bethelview Road instead of commercial uses.
Note: All votes were 5-0 unless otherwise noted.
-- Alyssa LaRenzie