The Forsyth County Arts Alliance announced the recipients of its 2019 grants on Wednesday.
The organization awarded a total of $22,500 in grants to:
• Alpharetta Symphony Orchestra to put on music concerts, including in Forsyth County;
• Forsyth Central High School for its children’s puppetry production;
• Forsyth County Public Library for its visiting author series;
• Northside Hospital Forsyth auxiliary for its music therapy program;
• Pianos for Peace Festival to place pianos in public spaces throughout the community;
• Sawnee Association of the Arts for its Christmas and spring events;
• Sawnee Ballet Theatre for its 28th Annual Nutcracker and Story Ballet double feature;
• Strings of Mercy, a therapeutic music project by the Healing Forsyth Memory Care Initiative.
The arts alliance is a philanthropic organization, under the umbrella of the North Georgia Community Foundation, that is dedicated to supporting the arts in Forsyth County. Since 2008, it’s awarded more than $500,000 in grants and scholarships through an endowment, according to a press release. An all-volunteer Board of Directors of local business and community leaders is responsible for stewardship of the alliance’s funds and makes recommendations for how to distribute it.