The state mandated burn ban lifted Friday.
Forsyth County Fire Capt. Jason Shivers said a countywide extension of the burn ban is not expected, but asked residents to follow a few safety tips:
* Authorized burning must occur between 10 a.m. and one hour before sunset.
* Burning of household garbage, trash and construction debris is not allowed, nor is the burning off of lawns.
* All burns must be conducted by someone 16 or older who has the ability to put out a fire.
* A permit from the Georgia Forestry Commission is required to burn leaf piles and other yard debris on residential property. To obtain a permit, call (877) 652-2876.
* No burns will be allowed when the humidity is less than 25 percent or winds are stronger than 10 mph.
* Notify the fire department at (678) 455-8072 before conducting: agricultural burns necessary for production or harvesting crops; prescribed burning; burning to control disease or pests; and emergency burning of storm debris.
* Burns that require the use of an air curtain destructor must be approved by the fire department. For more information, call (678) 455-8072.