• What: Chamber Membership Golf Challenge
• When: Monday, with shotgun start at 11 a.m. and reception at 5:30 p.m.
• Where: Polo Golf & Country Club, 6300 Polo Club Drive
• Awards: Putting contest; hole-in-one; low gross and low net teams; closest to the pin; longest drive
• Cost: $150 per person or $500 for four-person team (includes green fees, cart rental, lunch, beverages and a gift)
• Contact: (770) 781-6461 or visit www.cummingforsythchamber.org.
There are still a few spots left for the Chamber Membership Golf Challenge.
The 23rd annual tournament, which is the largest fundraiser for the Cumming-Forsyth County Chamber of Commerce, returns Monday to the Polo Golf & Country Club.
James McCoy, the organization's president and chief executive officer, said the tournament has many perks.
“It’s just a great event for people to come and network with one another and to have a great time and just enjoy themselves on the golf course and, hopefully, to make some business relationships work for them,” he said.
Money raised from the tournament will support the organization’s programs and events aimed at helping attract and expand business in the county.
The event’s main sponsor is Northside Hospital-Forsyth, but McCoy said many new businesses have stepped into a sponsorship role this year.
There are also many new golfers registering, which he said is a good sign.
“It’s reflective of a lot of things,” McCoy said. “Certainly, this being a very active, vibrant business community is one of them. But we’ve been really impressed with the golf tournament and the interest level from the business community.”