Senior executives from some of the nation's top companies will be part of a six-part speaker series that begins today at North Georgia College & State University in Dahlonega.
The Mike Cottrell School of Business and Library Technology Center Speaker Series, offered free to the public, will highlight marketing strategies of such companies as the Atlanta Falcons, Coca-Cola Co., Home Depot, McDonald's, PepsiCo Foodservice and solar cell maker Suniva.
The series, started by North Georgia marketing instructor Dick McNeil, is in its second year.
Each session is scheduled for 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. in the Special Collections Room on the third floor of the Library Technology Center. No registration is required.
Speakers scheduled to take part are the following:
* Today: Jim Smith, chief marketing officer, Atlanta Falcons
* Sept. 30: Stan Sthanunathan, vice president, marketing strategy and insights, the Coca-Cola Co.
* Oct. 7: John Baumstark, chairman and chief executive officer, Suniva
* Oct. 26: Debbie Stroud, vice president, quality, service and cleanliness, McDonald's
* Nov. 9: John Buckles, vice president and general manager, PepsiCo Foodservice
* Nov. 18: Frank Bifulco, senior vice president and chief marketing officer, Home Depot
For more information, visit the university's Web site at www.northgeorgia.edu.