A 36-year-old man will appear in court this week, answering to charges of armed robbery, kidnapping and aggravated assault.
Moustapha Bayo was arrested Friday, the day after the incident, which reportedly occurred at Southern Restaurant Management in south Forsyth.
According to Forsyth County Sheriff's reports, Bayo had been recently fired from the company.
The man allegedly kidnapped, 61, told investigators Bayo returned Thursday morning, forced him to the floor and demanded $250,000 in cash.
According to reports, the man said Bayo held a paper sack, indicating he had a gun inside. He may also have had a machete.
The man told deputies Bayo forced him to drive north on Hwy. 9, where the suspect reportedly ditched the bag near Mullinax Road, and then return to the business.
Sheriff’s Capt. Frank Huggins said deputies were not able to find a gun.
“They found a paper sack with something else in it,” he said, noting it appeared to be a metal object or tool.
Huggins said Bayo came back to the business Friday “on the promise of getting his job back.” Instead, investigators arrested him.