The following are the dates for each elementary school’s registration:
* Jan. 26-30 — Big Creek, Brookwood
* Feb. 2-6 — Chattahoochee, Chestatee, Coal Mountain
* Feb. 9-13 — Cumming, Daves Creek
* Feb. 16-20 — Haw Creek, Johns Creek
* Feb. 23-27 — Kelly Mill, Mashburn, Matt
* March 2-6 — Midway, Sawnee, Settles Bridge
* March 9-13 — Sharon, Shiloh Point
* March 16-20 — Silver City, Vickery Creek
* March 23-27 —Whitlow
What to bring
The following documents must be provided upon registration:
* Photo identification of the parent/legal guardian
* Proof of residency
* Copy of student’s birth certificate or proof of age
* Student’s immunization certificate
* Student’s certificate of hearing, vision, dental and nutrition examination
* Student’s Social Security card or waiver form
* Judge–signed custody papers if parents are divorced or separated
Source: Forsyth County Schools
FORSYTH COUNTY – Whether your oldest child soon will take that memorable first-day-of-school photo sporting an oversized backpack, or whether the first day of kindergarten is a routine for the family at this point, it soon will be time to reserve your student’s spot.
Registration for next school year’s kindergarten students — the future high school class of 2028 — begins Monday and runs through the end of March.
New to Forsyth County Schools this year, the Kindergarten Roundup will be held at the Almon C. Hill Educational Center, 136 Elm St. in Cumming, instead of at individual schools.
Each school has a specific week to register, and families unable to make it during that time can do so the week of March 23.
To register, go to forsyth.k12.ga.us/KKenroll to make an appointment to meet at the Hill Center. Parents will then be asked to review and gather supporting documents needed to complete the process and to pre-register a child’s information into the district’s online system.
Parents unsure of the school for which their address is zoned can look it up at forsyth.k12.ga.us/attendancezones.
According to Georgia law, children must be age 5 on or before Sept. 1, 2015, to enroll in kindergarten. The first day of the 2015-16 school year is Aug. 1.
A biological, foster or adoptive parent — any other legal guardian must apply for temporary guardianship at the Probate Court — must enroll the student. Both the student and parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must be a full-time resident of Forsyth County.
The Hill Center’s registration building is located around back.
For more information, call (678) 947-0863, Ext. 312701.