FORSYTH COUNTY — Though just one month into 2016, the Forsyth County school system is gearing up for fall, when it will welcome the class of 2030 as kindergartners.
The district holds Kindergarten Roundup each year to register incoming kindergarteners for their respective schools.
Registration appointments will be held at the Almon C. Hill Educational Center, 136 Elm St. in Cumming, and not at individual schools.
To register, follow these steps:
* Go to Forsyth.k12.ga.us/KKenroll
* Make an appointment to come to the Hill Center to register
* Review and gather all documents
* Pre-register a child’s information into the district’s online system
District officials said they want parents to register even if they are missing some documents.
“You will be incomplete, but you can return documents at a later time convenient to you,” according to the district website. “This will allow the school to have your contact information and inform you of upcoming kindergarten events.”
Following is the schedule for each elementary school’s roundup dates:
* Jan. 25-29: Big Creek, Sharon
* Feb. 1-5: Coal Mountain, Kelly Mill
* Feb. 8-12: Daves Creek, Haw Creek
* Feb. 15-19: Johns Creek, Shiloh Point
* Feb. 22-26: Brookwood, Settles Bridge
* Feb. 29-March 4: Matt, Silver City
* March 7-11: Chattahoochee, Vickery Creek
* March 14-18: Cumming, Sawnee
* March 21-25: Chestatee, Whitlow
* March 28-April 1: Brandywine, Mashburn, Midway
This school year, 3,258 students entered kindergarten, according to Jennifer Caracciolo, spokeswoman for Forsyth County Schools. About 2,800 high school seniors are expected to graduate this spring.
Anyone unsure of the school their home is zoned for can look it up at Forsyth.k12.ga.us/attendance zones.
According to Georgia law, a child must be 5 years old on or before Sept. 1 to enroll in kindergarten.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.