Changes to top positions in Forsyth Conuty Schools for the 2017-18 school year
* Carla Gravitt: Assistant principal, Sawnee Elementary ---> Principal, Mashburn Elementary
* Tracey Smith: Principal, Mashburn Elementary ---> Principal, Brookwood Elementary
* Pam Bibik: Assistant principal, Lambert High ---> Principal, Riverwatch Middle
* Kathie Braswell: Principal, Brookwood ---> Elementary Retired
* Scott Feldkamp: Assistant principal, Lakeside Middle ---> Principal, Vickery Creek Middle
* Karl Mercer: Director of accountability, central office ---> Principal, West Forsyth High
* Kathy Carpenter: Principal, Riverwatch Middle ---> Director of information systems, central office
* Heather Gordy: Principal, West Forsyth High ---> Principal, Denmark High
* Drew Hayes: Principal, Vickery Creek Middle ---> Principal, Academies of Creative Education
* Brandi Cannizzaro: Assistant principal, Lambert High ---> Principal, Alliance Academy for Innovation
SOUTH FORSYTH -- Another open principal position has been filled after a standard annual shift of educators throughout the school system.
Carla Gravitt has been appointed principal at Mashburn Elementary School and will transfer from her current role as assistant principal at Sawnee Elementary.
The Forsyth County Board of Education approved the assignment during an executive session at a called meeting Thursday, Feb. 23, filling a hole left after current Mashburn Principal Tracey Smith was appointed to the same position at Brookwood Elementary.
“Carla’s entire career has been with the Forsyth County Schools family,” said Cindy Salloum, associate superintendent of human resources and legal services for the district. “In fact, she graduated from Forsyth County High School.”
Beginning her education career in 1992 as a teacher at North Forsyth Middle, she continue there and at Otwell Middle for nine years as a teacher and counselor, Salloum said.
She transferred to Cumming Elementary to serve as a counselor from 2001-2005 before becoming an assistant principal at Matt Elementary. She later moved to Sawnee in 2015.