Summer may still be in full swing, but parents entering a student in a Forsyth County public school for the first time this fall can already make their appointment to complete registration for the 2017-18 school year.
Several steps need to be taken before parents can complete registration for their child, including making sure they have all the necessary records.
Parents should follow this checklist in registering a new student:
- Make an appointment
Go online to select a specific date and time from the calendar to register at the Almon C. Hill Drive, located at 136 Almon C. Hill Drive (formerly 136 Elm. St.).
The link to the online appointment calendar is: https://fcsapps.forsyth.k12.ga.us/OnlineAppts/
The appointment calendar is only for students who are not currently enrolled in Forsyth County Schools.
- Complete pre-registration
Go to the FCS website to enter student information, including contact and family information and emergency contacts.
Do not complete pre-registration using a cell phone or tablet.
- Bring the required documents
Gather all necessary documents listed at https://www.forsyth.k12.2ga.us/Page/45177/, including:
- Parent/legal guardian photo identification
- Two forms of proof of residency
- Proof of student’s age
- Immunization certificate (Form 3231)
- Certificate of vision, hearing, dental and nutrition firm (Form 3300)
- Social Security card for student (provide waiver if opting out)
- Custody documents if divorced or separated
For more information or questions, call the registration center at (678) 947-0863 Ext. 0.