Kindergarten Roundup schedule per elementary school for the 2017-18 school year
• January 23-27: Coal Mountain Elementary, Silver City
• January 30-February 3: Brookwood and Kelly Mill
• February 6-10: Haw Creek and Matt
• February 13-17: Chestatee and Shiloh Point
• February 21-24: Daves Creek and Johns Creek
• February 27-March 3: Settles Bridge and Vickery Creek
• March 6-10: Chattahoochee and Whitlow
• March 13-17: Big Creek, Midway and Sharon
• March 20-24: Brandywine and Cumming
• March 27-31: Mashburn and Sawnee
To make an appointment or for more information on required documents, visit Forsyth.k12.ga.us/Page/46649.
The new year may have just kicked off, but Forsyth County Schools administrators are already getting ready for next fall, when they will welcome brand new students to its kindergarten classrooms in August.
Signups for Kindergarten Roundup are open, with appointments beginning on Jan. 23 with Coal Mountain and Silver City elementary schools and continuing with a different set of schools each week.
Registration for incoming kindergarten students will be held at the Almon C. Hill Education Center, located at 136 Almon C. Hill Drive, formerly named Elm Street, and not at the individual schools.
“If you cannot make your school’s schedule week or the registration office is closed due to possible snow/ice days during your child’s school scheduled week, then please make an appointment for the week of April 10-14,” the district website says.
Before arriving, there are several steps to take to register an incoming kindergartener:
• Make an appointment using the online appointment calendar
• Pre-register to enter information about your student, including contact and family information and emergency
contacts. If pre-registration is complete upon arrival at the appointment, the actual appointment should only take about 20 minutes
• Gather required documents
The Kindergarten Roundup page on the district’s website lists all of the required documents, sites to make an appointment, school zoning maps and special bus transportation requests.