FORSYTH COUNTY — It’s summer break, and what’s a kid to do?
Schools throughout Forsyth County are offering summer camps for students who want to keep busy during the break.
The camps range in activities from academic and artistic to sports in the hopes of peaking everyone’s interests.
Following is a list that highlights some camps offered in the county, though it may not be exhaustive.
For more information on a specific school contact its main office.
Forsyth Central High School Summer Academy
The Summer Academy offers students in third-12thgrades the chance to immerse themselves in a unique course of study for a full week.
It allows exploration of academic passions while encouraging students to experiment with classes before beginning their high school path.
* Rising Stars: The Next Generation of Forsyth Central Theater — ages 8-14; June 8-12 from 12:30 to 4 p.m.; cost $130
* Forsyth Central Automotive Technologies —ages 13-17; June 15-19 from 8:30 a.m.-noon; cost $175, parents welcome at no extra charge
* Central Ceramics: Summer Sculptor Sessions — ages 10-14; June 15-19 from 8:30 a.m.-noon; cost $150
* Adventures in Applied Science — ages 8-14; June 15-19 from 12:30 to 4 p.m.; cost $150
* AP Human Geo Boot Camp — ages13-16; June 22-26 from 8:30 a.m.-noon; cost $150
Students can register for more than one session, though they can choose just one per week. All sessions are held at the school, 520 Tribble Gap Road.
For more information, contact Precilla Saint-Jean at firstname.lastname@example.org or (770) 887-8151, Ext. 111508.
South Forsyth High School sports camps
* Volleyball Youth camp at Fowler Park Rec Center: June 8-11 from 9 a.m.-noon at Piney Grove Middle School
* Football Youth Camp: June 22-25 from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. at War Eagle Stadium
* Middle School Basketball League: June 22-26 from 10 .am.-6 p.m. at South Aux gym and other middle school gyms
* Speed and Agility Camp: July 6-8 from 6 to 8 p.m. at South stadium
* Mini Cheer Camp: July 13-16 from 9 a.m.-noon at Piney Grove Middle
For more information call (770) 781-2264.
Lambert High School sports camps
* Boys Basketball Camp: ages 5-16; June 17-20 from 10 a.m.-2p.m. at Lambert.
* Volleyball Youth Camp: Session I is June 24-27 from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. in the main gym. Session II is July 8-11 at the same time and place.
* Longhorn Youth Wresting Camp: ages 5-13; June 10-13 and June 24-27 from 9:30-11:30 a.m. in the Lambert Café. All sessions ran by Coach Contardi with plenty of high school wrestlers on hand to help out. Kids divided by age, size and experience.
* Lil’ Longhorn Cheer Camp: ages 4-12; Session I is June 10-13 from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Session II is July 15-18 at the same time. Cost $125. Instructed by LHS Head Coach Brent Paige and the varsity
competition cheerleaders. Camp T-shirt and daily spirit gifts will be awarded.
* To register, go to the Forsyth County Parks and Recreation website.
Kelly Mill Elementary School camps
All Forsyth County students enrolled in kindergarten through fifth grade during the 2014-15 school year are welcomed for art, educational Minecraft, enrichment games, Legos, P.E. activities, robotics and more camps.
* Session dates: June 8-12 and June 22-26 from 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
* Costs: $160 for each weeklong session or $300 for both camps
* Daily snacks will be provided, but campers must bring their own lunch.
* Camp instructors consist of KME staff.
* Each camp session will have a maximum of 200 children.
For more information, contact Deidra Chadwick and Leigh Hummel at KMESummerCamp@gmail.com.