Two South Forsyth High School students have been released from the hospital and a third remains in stable condition after a suspected drug overdose on campus a week ago.
The three 15-year-old male sophomores, whose names have not been released, were taken to Northside Hospital-Forsyth on Oct. 3 after authorities say they ingested what appeared to be an over-the-counter medication.
George Ivey, hospital spokesman, said two of the students were discharged Tuesday afternoon, but the third was still there.
Jennifer Caracciolo, spokeswoman for the Forsyth County school system, said administrators and staff will discuss the incident today.
"Ninety-nine percent of the students made appropriate choices that day, so they're looking at it from the perspective of it as an isolated incident," she said.
Caracciolo said the situation remains under investigation.
Authorities arrested a 16-year-old female student in connection with the incident.
The girl, whose identity has not been released, was charged with the possession and sale of a Schedule 2 narcotic on school grounds. Authorities have said they suspect the drug was liquid methadone.
Sheriff's Capt. Frank Huggins said no one else has been arrested, though authorities have not ruled out that possibility.
Caracciolo said students are scheduled to take a safe school drug survey in a few weeks. Administrators will compare that data with last year's information to determine what may need to be worked on.
"So they're still going on with the investigation and looking at the choices the students made," she said. "And they're going to take some time and get some feedback and data before they decide what they're going to do for the year."
The high school was put on lockdown twice during the incident, which unfolded between 10 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.
South Principal Jason Branch said it was unusual occurrence for the school and that letters detailing the matter were sent home to parents.