BUFORD — A large, unoccupied houseboat caught fire Friday morning after suspected electrical malfunctions, authorities said.
Hall County firefighters responded just before 8 a.m. Friday to the 6900 block of Lanier Islands Parkway after reports of heavy smoke from a neighbor.
The fire on the 1973 custom Lazy Days houseboat, which measured 14 feet by 56 feet, was put out by the firefighters.
Firefighters deemed the $49,000 houseboat a total loss. No one was in the boat, and no injuries were reported.
“The fire appears to be electrical in nature at this time and has been turned over to the owner and insurance company,” Hall Fire Marshal Scott Cagle wrote in a news release.