At a glance
* What: Forsyth County Child Advocacy Center’s Lunch Bunch fundraiser
* Where: A choice of three meals will be delivered to your door, business, school or organization
* When: 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Wednesday
* Cost: Minimum donation of $12
* How to order: Email your name, lunch choice and address with the name of your location to email@example.com by Monday.
CUMMING — Hungry community members who want to give back can do so this week while also satisfying lunchtime woes of deciding where to grab grub.
The Forsyth County Child Advocacy Center is holding its annual Lunch Bunch fundraiser from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Wednesday. For a minimum donation of $12, the center will deliver a lunch to any business, school, organization or home in the area.
Orders are due by 5 p.m. Monday.
While the main delivery area is Cumming, some Gainesville locations may be able to be accommodated if the recipient emails a specific request, said Tennile Chapman, who serves as a child advocate, office manager, volunteer coordinator and financial director for the center.
The center is a child-focused, facility-based program where representatives from numerous disciplines meet to discuss and make decisions about the investigation, treatment and prosecution of child abuse cases.
Possibly the most important service the group offers is forensic interviews, which are conducted in a child-friendly environment by trained professionals.
Chapman said if there are multiple lunch orders within the same building, business, school or company, they will likely be delivered at the same time.
“If you have a set lunch break, please mention that time frame in your email so we can do our best to accommodate,” she said.
Participants can choose between three options:
* A chicken club wrap with bacon, lettuce, tomato and shredded cheese in herbed aioli in a tortilla wrap with a side of pasta salad and a cookie
* A chipotle turkey sandwich with lettuce, tomato and pepperjack cheese served on a hoagie roll with pasta salad and a cookie
* A chicken caesar salad with a breadstick and a cookie.
Chicken can be substituted with avocado on the ceasar salad for a vegetarian option.
All three meals come with a bottle of water.
Cash, checks made out to the center or credit cards via Square are accepted.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (678) 208.1908 with your name, lunch choice, business, school or organization name (if applicable) and address for delivery.
It must be stated in the email whether payment will be transacted via credit card, as there will be limited drivers with the Square device.
Those not in a Cumming or Gainesville address the center can accommodate can still send an email to “see how we might be able to provide a lunch bunch to you and your group on a separate day.”
Tax donation forms will be included in each lunch box.