Also Thursday, the Forsyth County commission approved requests to rezone or grant variances for the following:
• Smith-Burdette Enterprises, 5 acres on Post Road, from commercial to industrial. Passed 4-1 with Commissioner Charles Laughinghouse opposed.
• Charles and Marjorie Mann Charitable Foundation, conditional use permit for 13 acres on Atlanta Highway near Greenfield Drive, for a continuing care retirement community on property currently zoned commercial.
• Joni Owens, 166 acres on the south side of Matt Highway near Dr. Bramblett Road, for mixed-type residential units from industrial and residential to master planned district.
• Almquist Hansen, conditional use permit for a senior housing facility on 18 acres off Windermere Parkway, with a variance to the minimum senior housing parking requirements. Passed 4-1 with Laughinghouse opposed.
• Harold E. Crye Living Trust, 2.8 acres on Keith Bridge Road, to develop a storm water detention pond to serve adjacent commercial property.
Note: All votes were 5-0 unless otherwise noted.