The following items were approved at Tuesday’s work session of the Forsyth County Board of Commissioners. All votes are 5-0 unless otherwise noted.
- Approved a level one environmental study of a 17-acre parcel of land in northwest Forsyth, proposed to be used as a firearms training facility.
- Approved the renovation of the LARC Building to provide office space for the Natural Resources Conservation Service, Extension Services, and IS&T Department currently occupying suites at the Lodge in “D” Building.
- Approved funding for an additional position at the Sheriff’s Office Litter Detail Service during the last five and a half months of 2018.
- Funding requests for road projects on Old Atlanta, Union Hill and Pilgrim Mill roads.
- A $5,767,229.50 bid for resurfacing projects on various county roadways.
- The purchase of a new $299,000 Gradall Hydraulic Excavator for the Forsyth County Roads and Bridges Department.
- A $1,606,709.41 settlement to end all disputes with the construction company Vertical Earth resulting from projects on Castleberry and Old Atlanta roads.