At a recent work session, commissioners approved the following items by a 5-0 vote, unless otherwise noted.
• Accepted the U.S. Department of Justice’s 2017 Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant for an amount not to exceed $10,900 with no required match
• Ok’d a bid for turn lanes on Hwy. 53 at Dogwood Path worth more than $874,000 to Colwell Construction Company.
• Approved two bids from Billy Howell Ford. The first, for $273,300, was for nine new Ford F-150s and a new Ford F-250 for the water and sewer and the engineering departments. The other was $186,225 for five 2017 F-150s and two 2017 Ford Transit passenger vans for the Parks and Recreation Department
• Tabled a discussion for a proposed fountain in front of the new Forsyth County Courthouse
• Postponed to July 11 a discussion on local legislation for a county marshal’s service.