The Georgia Department of Revenue is installing a new system, Georgia Driver Record and Integrated Vehicle Enterprise System (DRIVES), to upgrade and modernize the vehicle registration and titling system. The new Georgia DRIVES will enable more self-service options, improve customer service and enhance data integrity.
Both online and kiosk registration renewal services will be unavailable due to this state-wide system upgrade on May 21 through May 29. In addition, all Forsyth County Tax Commissioner Office locations will be closed for data conversion on May 24 through May 27 (Memorial Day). All offices will re-open at 8:30 a.m. May 28.
Customers may experience longer than normal wait times when visiting the tag offices for a period following this upgrade. To avoid delays, vehicle owners with renewal dates in May and June who normally renew in person are encouraged to do so prior to May 20. Individuals who ordinarily renew online will not experience delays.
“We are excited to partner with the Department of Revenue on the Georgia DRIVES project which will improve our office efficiencies when handling vehicle registration and title transactions,” said Forsyth County Tax Commissioner Matthew Ledbetter. “It is important for vehicle owners and businesses to be aware of the schedule leading up to the launch of the system.”
With questions or for more information, please contact the Forsyth County Tax Commissioners Office at (770) 781-2112 or email email@example.com.
· Tuesday, May 21 (through May 29): Online and kiosk registration renewal services are unavailable
· Friday, May 24: Forsyth County Tag Offices closed for data conversion
· Monday, May 27: Forsyth County Tag Offices closed for Memorial Day
· Tuesday, May 28: Forsyth County Tag Offices re-open for business (8:30 a.m.)
· Thursday, May 30: Online and kiosk renewal services restored
How will this impact our customers and drivers?
- In the first month of DRIVES, walk-in customers may experience delays and longer than normal wait times. To avoid such delays, residents with May and June renewal dates are encouraged to renew prior to Monday, May 20.
- Customers and dealers seeking to conduct any title transactions should complete their business at our office prior to Friday, May 24.
- Dealers will be able to initiate electronic title and registration transactions and issue temporary operating permits during the Memorial Day weekend.
- Law enforcement will still have access to motor vehicle records through a statewide backup file.
- Georgia Department of Driver Services (driver’s licenses) will not be affected.