By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great local journalism.
Three local businesses fail health inspections
Restaurant

Three Forsyth County businesses have received failing grades in recent health inspections.

Since July 24, Holiday Inn Express and Suites, Indian Flavors and Polo Golf and Country Club have failed inspections done by the Forsyth County Department of Environmental Health.

Indian Flavors, located at 3020 Old Atlanta Road Ste. 300, earned a score of 58 before earning a 96 in a re-evaluation on Aug. 7.

For the July 24 inspection, the health department found the person in charge lacks awareness of risk factor control or food retail practices, employee put on gloves to touch ready-to-eat food without washing hands after eating, person in charge see earing in prep area, hand sink not accessible because food was stored in front of it, dishes not sanitized after washing and rinsing, dining tables not properly sanitized, food held at improper temperature, person in charge prepping food with long ponytail and no hair restraint.

Holiday Inn, 870 Buford Highway, received a score of 67 in an inspection on Aug. 3.

Officials with the business could not be reached for comment.

The report states the person in charge lacks awareness of risk factor control or food retail practices, employee put on gloves to touch ready to eat food without washing hands after eating, person in charge see earing in prep area, hand sink not accessible because food was stored in front of it, dishes not sanitized after washing and rinsing, dining tables not properly sanitized, food held at improper temperature and person in charge prepping food with long ponytail and no hair restraint.

Businesses that fail health inspections are reevaluated within 10 business days, though it does not appear a second evaluation has been done as of press time.

Restaurant officials could not be reached for comment.

Polo Golf and Country Club, 6300 Polo Club Drive, earned a 65 on an inspection done on Aug. 7.

The inspector found the person in charge lacks awareness of risk factor control or food retail practices, certification not posted, fish stored in vegetable sink, slicer stored as clean had accumulation of food debris, food held at improper temperature, food cooled improperly, “raw chicken wings were being thawed at three-compartment sink while dishes were stacked there,” long ponytails not properly restrained and walk-in cooler floor in disrepair and not easily cleanable.

No second evaluation was listed website as of press time, though General Manager David Bond said a health inspector had returned Wednesday morning.

He said the restaurant was dealing with issues with the walk-in cooler, which has now been fixed, and Polo Club “takes the cleanliness of our club very seriously and is committed to complying with health regulations.”