FORSYTH COUNTY — The best and brightest in the local real estate market were recognized during a recent banquet.
During its 2013 Circle of Excellence Awards Banquet, held at the Lanier Technical College Forsyth Conference Center, the 400 North Board of Realtors recognized more than 100 of its members.
The organization is open to real estate agents from Forsyth, Dawson and Lumpkin counties.
The annual Circle of Excellence Awards Banquet highlights successes from the previous year in real estate sales. The banquet Thursday night drew about 220 people.
“It was a phenomenal night,” said Tara Locke, the president-elect of the organization. “We honored 130 in the Circle of Excellence.”
That was up from the 91 who received the recognition for 2012 during last year’s event.
Members named to the Circle of Excellence have achieved at least $2 million in real estate transactions for the year.
A few of the Circle of Excellence winners received recognition above and beyond the high sales mark.
Those receiving special awards included:
* Glen Sloan with Keller Williams Realty North Atlanta received the Rookie of the Year award.
* Debbie Negley with Keller Williams Realty Atlanta Partners received recognition for most units sold by an individual and highest volume by an individual with a volume of more than $12 million.
* Tamara Stout and Lynda Marie Lewis, both with Century 21 Results Realty Services, tied for most new homes sold, each having 32 transactions. Stout was also honored for having the highest volume of new homes sales at more than $9 million.
* Kimberly Yates’ team at Yates Estates LLC received the most units sold as a team award.
* The Welch Team of Keller Williams Realty Community Partners WOW, was recognized with the highest volume team award with more than $30 million.