Halcyon, a 135-acre mixed-use development in south Forsyth, has long promised a new selection of stores, restaurants and other businesses to the area, and now, an opening date for a handful of those establishments is in sight.
On Monday, officials with Halcyon Forsyth, located at 6365 Halcyon Way, announced that eight businesses would open to the public starting on Wednesday, Sept. 18.
According to a news release, the first stores and businesses to open will be:
· Cherry Street Brewpub, “a local brewpub and beer garden, located adjacent to the Village Green,”
· CT Cantina Taqueria, “a fresh take on Latin fare with a variety of street eats and margaritas,”
· Market Hall, “a gathering space for the community to enjoy small bites from six different food stalls overlooking the Village Green,”
· It’s a Sweet Life, “Atlanta’s premier specialty cake boutique and bakery,”
· Kilwins, “a mix of chocolates, fudge and ice cream in a variety of flavors, located on one end of the Market Hall,”
· Mercedes-Benz Experience Center by RBM of Alpharetta, “a permanent, small-format experience center for guests to learn about the luxury auto brand’s latest designs and innovations,”
· Popbar, “a frozen treat experience, with handcrafted gelato, sorbet and yogurt creations served on a stick,”
· RW Design & Exchange, “an upscale interior design studio and gallery showroom.”
Per the release, some stores may open earlier than Sept. 18.
Once completed, Halcyon will include 480,000 square feet of office and retail space, a trailhead for the Big Creek Greenway, about 230 homes, open space, 460 apartments, two hotels, a parking deck, a movie theater, office space, a dog park and other retail.
The development will cost an estimated $370 million.
The first phase of the project will focus heavily on the commercial and retail portions of the project and will be on the west side of Ronald Reagan Boulevard. The second phase will be on the east side of the road, and construction is expected to start next year.
After being approved in 2015, a groundbreaking ceremony for the project was held in February 2016. At that time, the project was expected to open in 2017, but weather, including a particularly rainy 2018, have pushed back the opening.
No date for the opening of other stores in the development has been set.
More information about the project is available at HalcyonForsyth.com.