By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great local journalism.
Suspects who fled remain at large
Three men face sex abuse charges
Bentley
Bentley

Two defendants who failed to appear last year in Forsyth County Superior Court on sex abuse charges remain on the lam, as is another man who disappeared in 2009 midway during his trial on child molestation charges.

Karleen Chalker, spokeswoman for the Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office, said Friday that authorities are still looking for Charles Howard Bentley, Kenneth Dustin Grant and Marcus Tillman.

Bentley, 72, of Bates Drive, failed to show up in September to enter a plea on two counts of child molestation. He faced a sentence of three years in prison followed by probation.

Grant, 42, of Gainesville, was expected to appear Sept. 20 in Superior Court for a jury trial.

He has been charged with four counts of child molestation, 15 counts of sexual exploitation of children, three counts of aggravated sexual battery and one count of aggravated child molestation.

Grant faces a mandatory minimum sentence of 25 years in prison if convicted of aggravated child molestation or aggravated sexual battery.

It appears both men, who were out on bond at the time, ditched their ankle monitors to disappear.

Information about Grant and his picture was posted this week on the Web site for the TV show "America’s Most Wanted."

The show is aimed at publicizing information about fugitives in the hopes of having them captured.

Chalker said information about Grant is scheduled to air tonight on an episode of the show.

Despite his absence, Tillman was convicted in 2009 by a Forsyth County Superior Court jury of child molestation, aggravated sodomy and cruelty to children charges.

The 40-year-old was sentenced to 40 years in prison on March 19, 2009.