FORSYTH COUNTY — The Forsyth County commission approved several purchases for the Sheriff’s Office during its work session Tuesday.
Most notably, the commissioners agreed to buy 31 Dodge Charger Pursuits for $707,172 from Alan Jay Enterprises of Wauchula Inc. in Florida.
The law enforcement agency also will be getting three 2015 Ford Interceptors from Billy Howell Ford Lincoln for $74,147.
In addition, fifty digital in-car video cameras totaling $260,640 will be coming from L3 Mobile Vision Inc. of Boonton, N.J.
Also during their work session Tuesday, the commission approved the following:
* Replacing a concrete apron at the Forsyth County Fire Department’s maintenance facility for $61,000. The bid went to Blount Construction.
* A $732,561 task order with Black and Veatch for design and engineering of various pipelines for the water and sewer department.
* A contract worth more than $2.9 million for waterline relocation as part of the widening of Bethelview Road with the Georgia Department of Transportation.
* Changing the county’s alcohol code to allow certain businesses to have a consumption-on-premise license within stores. The change was made to accommodate a grocery store that would like to allow wine tastings and sell drinks by the glass inside.
* Also: Commissioners discussed the current 30-day moratorium on sign erecting and permitting new signs. It appears that the moratorium may be lifted as soon as the board’s next regular meeting.