Also Thursday, the Forsyth County commission voted 5-0 to approve the following:
• Home occupation permit for Melba J. Huntley at 5261 Heardsville Road for hair care services on property zoned agricultural.
• Conditional use permit for Alvero Lievano for a 630-square-foot accessory apartment at 9120 Blanton Lane on property zoned agricultural.
• Rezoning 14 acres on the north side of Burruss Road from residential to agricultural for Ricky Bryan.
• Bethany Primitive Baptist Church's request to rezone 7 acres on the east side of Old Atlanta Road from residential to agricultural to build a 12,000 square-foot building.
• Site plan and accessory use of a pavilion for Good Shepherd Catholic Church at 3740 Holtzclaw Road.
• Reappointment of John Mobley to the zoning board of appeals for district 1.
-- Frank Reddy
The Forsyth County commission has postponed discussion about a proposed landfill in south Forsyth until next month.
Chairman Charles Laughinghouse made a motion at Thursday's meeting to remove Atlanta Road LLC's request for rezoning until a meeting "in about 30 days."
"Then I'll take that item off the table to bring it to a public hearing," he said.
Atlanta Road wants to rezone about 24 acres south of North Old Atlanta Road, between Ga. 400 and Ronald Reagan Boulevard, from residential and commercial to a heavy industrial district.
The proposed landfill would accept only construction trash such as building materials.
The county's planning board voted 5-0 against the plan on Aug. 25.
Many who spoke against the landfill during that meeting said they worried it would pollute the La Farge quarry across the street.
In January, the county commission discussed the possibility of eventually turning the quarry site into a reservoir for drinking water.