Each year, millions of citizens nationwide look forward to Thanksgiving Day, which often means full bellies, bright smiles and family time.
For some parents, however, it can be a struggle to find activities for children, most of whom are out of school, in the days leading up to the holiday.
Several local institutions such as the Forsyth County Public Library have residents covered though, said Library Promotions Specialist Paula Glover.
“The coming month will be filled with extra activities and programs for children and teens during Thanksgiving break,” she said. “We welcome [anyone] to attend any of these free events.”
Here’s what’s happening this week:
Monday, Nov. 20
• FCPL Turkey Day Tales, Post Road Library meeting room. 10:15 – 11 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. – noon. Cost: free
• Parsons Bow Making class, Parsons Gifts, Lakeland Plaza. 3 – 7 p.m. Cost: free tutorial with ribbon purchase
Tuesday, Nov. 21
• FCPL Turkey Day Tales, Cumming Library meeting room. 10:15 – 10:45 a.m.; 11:15 – 11:45 a.m. and 3:15 – 3:45 p.m. Cost: free
• FCPL Thankful Tree Crafting with Out of the Box Studios, Post Road Library meeting room. 1:15 – 2:30 p.m. Cost: free, registration required.
Wednesday, Nov. 22
• FCPL Turkey Day Tales, Hampton Park Library meeting room. 11:15 a.m. – noon and 1:15 – 2 p.m. Cost: free
Thursday, Nov. 23
• United Way Gobble Wobble 5k, 10k and half marathon, South Forsyth High School. 7:30 a.m. - Half Marathon, 8 a.m. 5k and 10k. Cost: 5k – $35; 10k – $40; Half-marathon – $60. Register at unitedwayforsyth.com/GobbleWobble
• Tryptophan half marathon, 5k and 10k, Fowler Park, 7:30 a.m. - half marathon, 7:45 a.m. – 10k and 8 a.m. – 5k. Cost: 5k – $35; 10k – $50; Half-marathon – $70. Register at runsignup.com/Race/GA/Cumming/TryptophanHalfMarathon10k5k