Forsyth County wrestling programs qualified 34 wrestlers for
the state traditional wrestling finals at sectional tournaments this past
At the Class 7A Section B tournament, held at Mill Creek High School, 32 county wrestlers finished in the top eight places in their weight class, giving them a spot at the state finals later this week in Macon.
Six wrestlers took first place in their weight class:
- Forsyth Central’s Abraham Perez at 106 pounds
- South Forsyth’s A.J. Riner at 113
- North Forsyth’s Paul Watkins at 126
- North’s Cole Tenety at 138
- North’s Connor Carroll at 160
- North’s Brantley Little at 182
Four others took second place:
- Lambert’s Payton Mitchell at 120 pounds
- West Forsyth’s Jack Woodall at 138
- Lambert’s Cole Burke at 152
- North’s Connor Cross at 195.
Pinecrest Academy competed in the Class 1A Section B tournament, held at First Presbyterian Day School in Macon, and sent two wrestlers to state, with Joseph Metz winning at 132 pounds and Nick Miller finishing fourth at 152.
Full results are available at trackwrestling.com.