By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great local journalism.
The Forsyth County News was founded in Cumming Georgia in 1908, by Joe Patterson, who sold the newspaper to Roy P. Otwell in 1927. Otwell combined the Forsyth County News with the North Georgian newspaper, and remained chief editor and owned the newspaper for 27 years.
Charles Smithgall Sr. purchased the Forsyth County News in 1954. He operated the paper for several years before selling it to News Corp in the 1970. At that time, News Corp published the Gwinnett Daily News, the Winder News and the Forsyth County News. Robert Fowler sold Nes Corp to The New York Times for 103 million dollars in 1987.
By 1984 Swartz-Morris Media had acquired both the Forsyth County News and the Forsyth Forum newspaper, merging the two into today's Forsyth County News. In 1998 the Forsyth County News moved to its current location at 302 Veteran's Memorial Boulevard in downtown Cumming.
In 2018, Forsyth County News and its sister publications, The Times and Dawson County News, were purchased by Metro Market Media, a Gainesville-based company owned by Charles Hill Morris, Jr.
For most of its history, the Forsyth County News was a weekly paper, but in the early 1980's a second publication date was added. A complete website came online in 2009. The paper currently provides two print and one electronic issue per week to residents of Forsyth County under the leadership of Publisher Stephanie Woody, Advertising Director Nathan Schutter, and Print Editor Brian Paglia.
More than just a newspaper, the Forsyth County News reaches Forsyth’s largest media audience through digital and mobile platforms, as well as through video, magazines, social media and more.
With Forsyth County’s only paid circulation local newspaper, the most-visited local media website and a host of niche magazines and publications, the FCN remains committed to informing and entertaining users across north Atlanta as Forsyth County’s premier media outlet.